Monday 13 January 2014

SPECIAL EDITION:

                               GO-GETTERS...

"AJOKU DAVID UCHENNAYA" 


RUBY COLLECTION



FULL NAME:

 Ajoku David Uchennaya

 AGE:
20 years old.

BRIEF PROFILE:
first of 5 kids. all of us with artistic tendencies.
graduate of Physics(geophysics)  from covenant university.

WHAT DO YOU DO?: 
I'm an upcoming photographer, into lifestyle fashion n event photography.

INSPIRATION:
My dad, he loves taking pictures. i found myself sneaking into his room and picking his then sony camera and wasting film taking rubbish pictures. but then my inspiration to make it a hobby came from a friend Beatrice Fowowe, during my IT when we were talking about improving my tumblr and getting her to create one.



FOR HOW LONG: 
A year and 5 months

ROLE MODELS:
Hmmmn, the tobbinator, and Mr Tope horpload.. oh and Wani Olatunde( before i did my first wedding shoot i looked at her blog all night and then till mid day the next day, just to understand the basics of wedding photography)

Redefinition


SUCCESSES & CHALLENGES:
Hmmn i would say being an official photographer for Redefinition 2013 ( a fashion program in my school). you see in school, i didnt own a camera of my own so i had to borrow from people who had, the running around was tiring and also depressing. at a point i told myself forget it. but then my photographer friends always made sure i didnt have the chance not to do it, they would intentionally book appointments with designers in school for me, especially chidi @thelexash and Fifo @thefifographer. The main event came, my first time shooting a runway..Fifo gave me a few pointers and i would say the pictures came out rather nice

also my shoot with Ruby collections... i loved how it turned out, i amazed myself even. the rain made us change a lot of plans but brought out the creativity in me and my client

CHALLENGES: 
i would say my greatest challenge back then was equipment.. my first camera spoilt a month into using it so i had to rely on borrowing till i could get another

SET GOALS & ASPIRATIONS:
my goals.. hahah they might seem to clash, i want to be a pilot and then work towards the line of minister of aviation. I also want to become madly good at photography, get better and better with each chance i get and eventually run a studio/ print house for graphics and art. (it sounds weird and confused but i think about it a lot). i would eventually retire from aviation but art n photography, these will die with me.

RUBY COLLECTION


MESSAGE TO YOUNGSTERS:
things won't always go the way you want them to, but don't let that stop you, if you want something go get it, people will talk and say things, but you can't please everybody, what matters is that you are happy. and on your way to the top try to take people along with you. you never know who has what you need to climb higher.

CHILL OUT SPOT: 
my room or a pool, but lately it has been more of my room.. lol i'm not a going out person

FAVORITE QUOTE:
work for a cause not applause, live life to express not impress, dont strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.







RUBY COLLECTION







MOTIVATION: 
the spur of the moment and the urge to record the moment from different angles and perspectives, its something i shared with my dad. at a point as i was growing my dad would hand me his camera and tell me to take pictures we both shared the passion and at the end we would compare notes. the fact that i shared it with my dad made me happy too, because i'm not really good at other stuff he is into like computer programming and fixing electronics



twitter and IG: @nnaya_A








































 
website jockphotography.wordpress.com








































RUBY COLLECTION







































 

No comments: